Reader’s Response: Beatrice’s Goat

11

Posted by Mrs. Wells | Posted in Critical Thinking, Reader's Response | Posted on 06/03/2013

Beatrice's Goat

Beatrice’s Goat is a ¬†true story about an Ugandan girl who was able to fulfill her dream thanks to a goat. Beatrice eventually was able to receive an education in Uganda and was able to earn a Master’s degree here in U.S.A. While reading the story, we were able to compare and contrast this text with A Chair for my Mother.

1-What differences and similarities were you able to point out across the two texts?

Comments (11)

1-The story a chair for my mother is is fiction and the other is non-fiction. The 1st one is in America and the 2nd is in Uganda,Africa. The 1st one is saving for a chair and the 2nd is saving to go to school. They are both girls and both of them are saving money.

1-They are both saving money and strangers helped them out.They both are not giving up. They are detemined.They are different because “a chair for me mother” is fiction and this story is non fiction. they are different because she is saving money for school and the girl saving for a chair.she is saving the money in a jar and The girl saving the moeny in bag.the girl is life in Ameriea and the other girl is lifeing in Uganda.

1-The same is they are both girls and they are saving money and strangers helped them and they are hopeful.
2-One difference is one girl lives in America and the other one lives in Uganda one wants to buy a chair and the other one wants to go to school.

1-they both have a girl.they both sve money.they are both diermined. on both story’s strangers help them.there both helpful and hopeful.a chair for my mother is fiction and bearice’s goat is non fiction. a chair for my mother are saving for a chair and on beatrice’s goat are saving for school.a chair for my mother are saving the money in a jar and on beatrice’s goat they are saving in a bag.a chair for my mother takes place in america and on beatrice’s goat takes place in ugando.

1-Both girls are saving money. one girl wants to buy a chair, Beatrice wants to go to school.because they are working.to buy something.

Both girls saved money. They both don’t have dads in the story,both work, they have pride,hope, and they are determined,They both were saving money for something.

In the story “A chair for my mother” she was saving money because she wanted to buy her mom a chair .
The book was fiction she was from the U.S.A she works at the Blue tile diner.

In the story Beatrice’s goat she saved money for an education. The book was non-fiction she was from Uganda, her job was to sell milk from the goat that she was given.

There are both girls, both saved money, both work, showing pride, determined, A chair for my mother is fiction, Beatrice’s goat is non-fiction,The girl form chair for my mother saved money for a chair.

A chair for my mother is in U.S.A, Beatrice’s Goat is in Uganda, the girl fom the chair for my mother works at Blue Tile Dinner, girl from Beatrice’s Goat sells milk from a Goat.

The girl in Beatrice’s Goat saved money for school and a uniform.

They both save money, they are girls, they have no dad, they have to work to save money, they have pride, they have hope to get something, they are determined, to help they got both what they wanted.

A chair for my mother is fiction, she works at the blue tile diner, they are in Amercia, she want a chair for her mother, her house was on fire.

Beatrice’s Goat is nonfiction, she got a goat, she lives in Uganda, Africa, she sells goat milk, she saves her money for an education.

They are both girls that have no dad they are both determined and both of the girls are saving money and both got what they wanted.

A chair for my mother is fiction and the girl is saving for a chair for her mother and her mother works at blue tile diner.

Beatrice’s goat is fiction she is saving up for money for an education and she sellls milk.

1~Both girls want to save money. The girl from A chair for my mother wants to save money so she and her mother can buy a chair for them. The girl form Beatrice`s goat wants to save money so she can go to school and get an education.

2~Both girls have things in common like :both girls don’t have dads in the story , they work to save money , they both have pride.

3~ They both do not have in common that the girl form A chair for my mother is fiction.The girl for Beatrice’s goat is non -fiction.

<3 < 3 THE END <3 <3

1-Both girls are saving money. one girl wants to buy a chair and the other girl wants to go to school. They are both working to buy something. A chair for my mother is fiction. Beatrice’s goat is non-fiction.

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar