Piclits: Lesson Idea

0

Posted by Mrs. Wells | Posted in Teaching Ideas, Writing | Posted on 03/19/2013

PicLit from PicLits.com
See the full PicLit at PicLits.com
PicLit from PicLits.com
See the full PicLit at PicLits.com

As soon as I discovered Piclits, I knew I had to try it in my classroom! Piclits is a free online application that allows you to use beautiful images to inspire all sorts of writing. Under each picture, there’s a carefully selected word bank of nouns, adjectives, adverbs and punctuation marks to drag and drop in your picture. In addition, each word, after it is dropped on the image, provides you with a drop-down menu with more options.You can make your nouns plural and/or capitalize them in the same way you can select different verb tenses. If you want to use your own words, you can do it by just clicking on “free-style”.

There are numerous advantages to using this application in your classroom. One of them is that Piclits is ipad and smartboard friendly¬†. The other is that you don’t need to open an account to use it. If you open an account though, you can save your piclits, edit them and share them in social media.
Piclits could be use to teach punctuation, capitalization, noun-verb structure, elements of poetry, write full stories and whatever your creative mind can think of! If you haven’t tried yet, you should definitely check it out.

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar